Saturday, September 19, 2015

Candle Holder decor





Make your own design on a glass candle holder, with readily available items.

For this holder I have used glitter ,salt and food color.
Make your own template on a piece of paper, make sure the paper fits into the candle holder.
Place that template paper inside the holder and stick the edges of the paper to the holder with tape so that it doesn't move while you trace the design outside, you can do that with a marker or paint, I have used paint to do it so that it pops out well.
Now use the glitter glue of your desired color and fill the gaps inside your design, you can do the same thing on all the four sides or can do something like what I did.








I mixed some Epsom salt with food color(red) and I mixed some glitter powder to it as well but it didn't make much difference so just food color would be enough or you can try mixing with paint of your desired color, not sure if the salt will melt.
I used painter's tape to make the design, apply modpodge or glue onto the surface and sprinkle the salt generously and dust off the excess with a paint brush once it dries out.







No comments:

Post a Comment